About - Rules & Regulations
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
|The Library’s rules and regulations are created to ensure equal access and service opportunity and to safeguard the academic interests of Taylor's staff and students.|
|Behaviour & Conduct ||Library Pay|
|Clearance Procedure||Loans/Returns |
|Compliance with Data Protection||Losses & Damages|
|Computers and Multimedia Equipment||Notes|
|Copyright||Safety & Security|
|Discussion Rooms ||Student & Staff ID|
|Emergency Situations|| || |
| || || |
|Loans/Returns|| || |
- No book or library material may be brought out of the library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of the library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
- Library users are responsible for the safekeeping and return of library materials issued in their name and card.
- Library materials shall be returned on or before the due date or earlier; or if the member is notified that an item is required by another reader.
- Library books must be returned via electronic/manual book drop located at the respective libraries.
- A fine is charged on loans kept beyond the due date and is payable upon return of the item.
- Official time for determining fines on overdue books and for other purposes will be read according to the time determined in the computer system at the library. Should the system be down, the correct time will be determined by the library staff at the Lending Services desk (Taylor's Library) and Lending & Information Services Desk (Taylor's Clinical School Library)
- Courtesy notices and overdue notices are sent as a reminder only and library will not be responsible for non - delivery under whatever circumstances. Student or staff are responsible to check their My Library Account regularly to keep track their transaction and the due date.
- Any overdue item not returned within 14 days after the final reminder letter has been sent shall be considered as lost. The cost of replacing the item will be notified to the student.
- Failure to receive any notice sent does not relieve a borrower from their responsibility to return library materials by the date due.
- Users are allowed to borrow library materials 15 minutes before library closure.