B. How to Borrow
You will need your valid library card (your student or staff card) to borrow items.
- Take the book and your library card to the Self-check loan and check it out yourself.
- If you experience problems, please speak to the staff at the Enquiry Desk or Lending Services desk.
- Collect your transaction slip indicating the due date.
Note: Items such as CD, DVD and Multimedia must be borrowed and returned at the Lending Services Desk.
C. Your Library Account
Log in to ‘My Library Account Login’ to check:
- items you have borrowed
- when the items are due
- fines outstanding
- to renew the item
To renew, log in to ‘My Library Account Login’.
A loan can be renewed once (1 time) and renewals must be done at least one day before the due date. Please note that the new loan period begins from the day of renewal, not from the original due date.
However renewals will not be allowed if:
- The item has already been renewed once.
- There is a block (due to unsettled fines and replacement costs) in your record, or
- The item has been requested for hold by someone else.
Loaned items must be returned via the Book Return or Manual book drops (Taylor’s Clinical School Library). The Book Return in Taylors Library is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please return your items on or before the due date or time as other users may want to use them. CD, DVD and Multimedia must be returned at the Lending Services Desk (Taylor's Library) or Lending & Information Services Desk (Taylor's Clinical School). There may be occasions when items are recalled for collection maintenance before the due date.
F. Hold Request
- If an item that you require is currently on loan (borrowed by someone else), you may request to place a hold on the item, and you will be in the waiting list if there are others who have requested for the same item ahead of you.
Requests for hold must be placed online via the Library Portal. In the "Items" view, click the "Request" button next to the item you would like to hold and enter the required information.
- Requested items will be held at the Lending Services desk for 3 days after the item becomes available. Be sure to check your request status in My Library Account Login. Request status will change from "Pending" to "Pick-up" when the item becomes available. If you do not collect the item within 3 days, the item will be reserved for the next person in queue or returned to the shelves.
G. Overdue items & fines
If you do not return or renew items before the due date, they will become overdue. The library charges fines on overdue items, to encourage users to return items on time. The Library will send you 3 online notifications to your account in Student Portal and Taylor’s registered email informing you that an item is overdue.
- You are advised to check your student portal and My Library Account Login in Library website regularly.
- If your item is overdue because you were on medical leave, please present a medical certificate to qualify for exemption and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or approach Lending Services desk.
- Fines must be paid at the respective campuses.
H. Final reminder
- If the books are not returned after the 3 online notifications, Library will block student account in CMS for Taylor’s University student and the reminder letter will be sent to Taylor’s College student.
- The reminder letter indicates the replacement cost and the deadline to settle the payment.
- The reminder letter will be sent to your permanent address.
I. Lost and Damaged Resources
If you have lost or damaged a library item, please report it immediately at the Lending Services Desk. The user will make good a loss or damage with a replacement copy (being the latest edition at the time of loss) at his/her own expense, or undertake to pay the current market price of the latest edition of the lost item, in addition to RM50.00 processing fee and fines due till the day that the loss was reported. Lost items must be replaced or paid for within 2 weeks of the report.
J. Library Blocks
Students are blocked from borrowing:
- when an item becomes overdue
- if the outstanding fines are RM5.00 or more
- when an item is reported lost or damaged
- VISA expired
- Card expired
- Student clearance