|Effective January 2017, Taylor’s University, the organization, has registered for Library corporate membership with University Malaya (UM) Library. The choice for this membership is due to the huge collections of print and online resources that can benefit the organization staff, especially for lecturers to support their research activities.|
Access is granted to the Main Library/Central Library. No access allowed to Law Library, Medical Library and Dental Library
- Visits are allowed according to their advertised opening hours
- Staff is require to bring over the membership card upon visit to UM Library
1) Bound journals
- Entitled to loan eight (8) items for 14 days with one (1) renewal for another 14 days subject to the recall request by UM Library
- Privileged to loan all items except the following materials:
2) Reference materials
3) Free reading materials
4) Thesis collections
5) Academic core collections
6) 1st copy of the book/title
7) Conference collections
9) Loose leaf materials
The above items may be viewed on-site subject to UM policies
Access to Online Databases
- Fails to return borrowed materials within the stated period, fines of RM0.20 per day will be charged until the item is returned. RM0.20 per day will be charged for overdue items
- Any lost or damaged item must be reported to Library immediately. Cost of the item will be bared by the borrower subject to UM Library policies.
Request for the Card
- Online databases subscribed by UM Library can only be accessed within the premises with a charge of RM10.60 per hour. UM LibraryHost Library will issue a receipt upon the payment.
- During your visit, kindly inform the Librarian in-charge at the nearest desk (University Malaya) to use their computer terminal to get the temporary password to access the databases
- Kindly adhere to the terms and conditions to download the articles from the online databases
Loan of the Card
- The request for the card can only be made at the desk. Kindly proceed to the Lending Services desk and fill up the form.
Renewal for Loans of the Card
- The loaned card can be used for three (3) days and must be returned to the Library. Please be informed that the borrowing of the card is first come first serve basis, no advance booking is allowed.
Reminder to members
- No renewal of the card is allowed.
- Members are advised to adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by the UM Library to avoid any inconvenience in the future.